A circa 1900 Sweetheart's decorative Badge in brass and enamel...excellent condition.....1 1/4" x 7/8". The Queen's Westminsters were an infantry regiment of the Territorial Army, part of the British Army. Originally formed from Rifle Volunteer Corps, which were established after a French invasion scare of 1859. The unit became part of the newly established London Regiment on the formation of the Territorial Force in 1908. It was subsequently amalgamated in 1921 with the Civil Service Rifles, and became a territorial Battalion of the King's Royal Rifle Corps in 1937. It ceased to exist as separate entity after it was amalgamated in 1961. The regiment was founded on the formation of the Volunteer Force, raised by the Duke of Westminster and named in honour of Queen Victoria in 1860. Initially it was numbered 22nd Middlesex Rifle Volunteer Corps. In 1880 most London volunteer units were re-numbered. As a result the unit became the 13th Middlesex (Queen's Westminster) Volunteer Rifle Corps and were attached to the King's Royal Rifle Corps as a Volunteer Battalion. In 1886 the battalion established its headquarters at 58 Buckingham Gate, Westminster. and by 1902 it was the largest volunteer rifle corps battalion in London.
NZ$ 58.00 including GST
Other products you might be interested in